Monday 4 April 2022

Benue Gubernatorial Polls: Austin Agbo Fires Warning Salvo


Following the need to rescue Benue State from her long time nemesis, I #Comrade Austine Agbo Emmanuel, deemed it fit to contest for the State's Governorship seat in the forth coming Nigeria General Elections.

This is expedient on the ground to restore the glory of Benue, known to be the food basket of the nation in the past.

I have led both Young and the Old, while I was very much Younger and my records are there for everybody to see.

Those who knew me well can attest to the fact that as a young Journalist, I have the technological know-how, Modern day advantages to salvage our dear State and make it a home for all regardless of our differences. 

Some of the areas I will address includes if elected Governor includes:

1. Unity in diversity: Benue People are divided across different tribes, culture and beliefs. As such, there is need to have a leader who believes in a United State regardless of their background. Development can never trend in a state where everybody is after his or her own gain. As a result we need someone who understand this fact on the basis that a house divided against herself cannot stand. By the grace of God, I have this zeal to right this wrong.

2. Insecurity: Insecurity have become a thing of great Concern not just in Benue but across Nigeria. I will train Young Men and place them on reasonable salary, provide them with every necessary support so as to be able to defend our state against any form of aggression.

3. Unemployment: Benue indigenes are educated but lack of job scattered them abroad. I will build industries among other ventures that would attract them back to their State and give back to the society what they have got.

4. Education/Skills: Education they said is the most dangerous weapon we can use to change the world. This is not different from the case of Benue State. I will adopt the measure of Gov. Badaru of Jigawa State where Public schools are easily accessible by all indigenes, free of charge. This will encourage our people especially the less privilege to take advantage of those schools and take their destiny into their own hands. I will also build skills acquisition centres in strategic locations to equip our youths with craft.

5. Infrastructures: Benue have no good structure to be proud of. No water, No road. I will invest in all these areas to make life comfortable for my people.

These and many more I will do if elected into office, come 2023.

I understand fully well that Leaders are servants. It is on this note that I made myself available to you. Please, send me; I will go

Long Live to the Federal Republic of Nigeria,

Long Live to Benue State

Long Live to all the good people of Benue State




-Comrade Austine Agbo Emmanuel, Kaduna-Base Journalist and Publisher, News-Port Nigeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment